Palazzo del Quirinale, è a piazza del Quirinale, Rione Monti e Rione Trevi, Roma, in origine il palazzo è stata la residenza dei Papi, oggi lo è del Presidente della Repubblica italiana. In order to hastily bring about the necessary changes, architect Raffaele Stern, who was in charge of the restoration works, coordinated a large group of renowned artists among which stood out important painters such as Felice Giani and Jacques Dominique Ingres, and the Danish sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen.  Â. Veduta delle due fontane verso Porta Pia 6 of 96 Palazzo del Quirinale. SALVATORE MINARDI (Reggimento Corazzieri) tel. The Hill became the ideal place of residence for the aristocracy from the period of the Roman Republic and through the Empire, hosting many luxurious dwellings, including those of Titus Pomponius Atticus, a friend of Cicero’s, or of the Gens Flavia and Claudia, of Gaius Fulvius Plautianus and Marcus Valerius Martialis, a Roman poet known as Martial. La porta Salutaris doveva trovarsi dunque nei pressi dell'attuale via della Dataria, probabilmente vicino alla base della scalinata che porta fino alla piazza del Quirinale. In antiquity, the Quirinal Hill was the collis par excellence and its different visible peaks were also called colles. Of particular significant was the intervention of Clement VIII (1592-1605), who concentrated his attention on the garden and commissioned the construction of the monumental Organ Fountain, richly decorated with mosaics, stuccos and statues and enlivened by the sound of a water organ. Some of this furniture included extremely valuable pieces, such as the commode crafted by Bernard Vanrisanburg, from the Ducal Palace of Colorno, or the library made by the Piedmontese wood carver Pietro Piffetti, which was brought to the Quirinale Palace from the Castle of Moncalieri. On the Quirinal Hill, in the 4th Century B.C., stood the temples dedicated to the God Quirinus, who lent his name to the hill, and to the goddess of Health, where propitiatory rites were celebrated to assure the well-being of the State. The Quirinale Palace also received important paintings and series of tapestries from royal palaces around Italy: from Florence, Victor Emmanuel II brought to the Quirinale Palace ten of the twenty 16th Century tapestries made from cartoons of Bronzino, Pontormo and Salviati; from Parma, he brought two 18th Century series made in the Beauvais Manufactory from cartoons of Francois Boucher, while the six paintings by Corrado Giaquinto depicting The Stories of Aeneas were brought from Moncalieri. per il Papa … The most imposing complexes present on the Hill were unarguably the Baths of Constantine and the Temple of Serapis, built by Caracalla in 217 A.D.  The sculptural group of the Dioscuri, originally from the ancient Roman temple, stood on the Quirinal Hill for such a long time that it was called Monte Cavallo (Horse Mountain, from the horses of Castor and Pollux). Piazza del Quirinale (nella foto sopra) prende il nome dall'omonimo colle Quirinale e si presenta cinta su tre lati da edifici ed aperta sulla sinistra con una balconata che offre un bellissimo panorama sulla città.Naturalmente la presenza più importante ed imponente è data dal palazzo del Quirinale (nella foto sopra), residenza del Presidente della Repubblica Italiana. Alla stessa ora giungono inoltre al Palazzo del Quirinale (ingresso da Porta Dataria) i Capi Missione del Corpo Diplomatico i quali, per la scala a chiocciola del … In preparation for Napoleon’s permanence in Rome – which never actually took place – the Quirinale Palace was adapted to the needs and tastes of the Neoclassical period. Since 1946 the architectural structure and the interior decorations of the Quirinale Palace complex have essentially remained unchanged. Il portale palazzo.quirinale.it è rivolto principalmente alle attività culturali della Presidenza della Repubblica e alle aperture al pubblico del Palazzo del Quirinale … The Quirinale Palace stands on a location that, thanks to its lofty and particularly salubrious position, has hosted residential compounds, public buildings and places of worship ever since antiquity. The Quirinale Palace was selected by Napoleon’s government to be the residence of the Emperor. In the territorial administrative division during the reign of Augustus, the Quirinal Hill was included in Region VI (Alta Semita). La Dataria aveva sede presso un palazzo (detto appunto Palazzo della Dataria) ubicato sulla salita che porta dalla zona della Fontana di Trevi fino al Palazzo del … In May of 1814, Pope Pius VII returned to Rome and regained possession of the Quirinale Palace, where he immediately got to work in an effort to erase all possible traces of the Napoleonic occupation although he continued to avail himself of the services of architect Stern. Among some of the most important interventions of this time, mention should be made of the austere frescoes of the Pauline Chapel and the final arrangement of the Fountain of the Dioscuri. However, the name “Quirinal” ultimately referred to the whole hill although it was divided into four different altitudes: collis Latiaris, collis Mucialis or Sanqualis, collis Salutaris and collis Quirinalis. Il sistema informativo e la digital library consentono un accesso diretto ad archivi, documenti, fotografie, dati, percorsi tematici e risorse digitali che trasmettono … Travestito da prete in segreto esce dal Quirinale e in carrozza si fa accompagnare davanti alla Chiesa dei Santi Pietro e Marcellino dove lo raggiunge il Conte Carlo Spaur, Ambasciatore di Baviera. Oggi la Dataria apostolica non esiste più; i suoi compiti sono stati in parte assorbiti dalla Segreteria di Stato, e in parte sono svolti direttamente da ogni singola Congregazione attraverso i propri funzionari. The Hill also housed important places of worship, starting with the temples dedicated to the deities Quirinus, Salus and Semo Sancus in antiquity or, more recently, the temple that Emperor Domitian had erected on the location of his birthplace and the even grander Temple of Serapis that Emperor Caracalla had erected in the 3rd Century A.D. Le Scuderie del Quirinale, facciata su via della Dataria, verso la piazza del Quirinale. Veduta delle due fontane verso Porta Pia 6 of 20 Palazzo del Quirinale. Gli ufficiali della Dataria che dipendevano dal Pro-Datario erano: Completavano l'organico i teologi esaminatori dei concorsi alle parrocchie, gli officiali delle spedizioni per la via denominata de Curia, gli spedizionieri apostolici.[2].  During the Roman Empire, the regional boundaries were moved after the building of the new Aurelian Wall in 3rd Century A.D., incorporating areas like Castra Praetoria and the Horti Sallustiani, which were previously suburban. Once the architecture of the Palace was completed under the pontificate of Pope Paul V, during the 17th Century work on the Quirinale Palace continued with the definition of the boundaries and the fortification of the whole complex, after the grounds were almost extended to the Quattro Fontane road crossing. In order to transform the ancient papal palace into a Royal Residence, several rooms – especially in the wing overlooking the garden – were completely renovated and mostly decorated in the lavish French vogue of Louis XV. At the beginning of the 19th Century, the history of the Quirinale Palace underwent a turning point that would importantly affect the Palace’s artistic evolution. The beauty and amenity of Cardinal d’Este’s vineyard prompted Pope Gregory XIII (1572-85) to have the small villa enlarged at his own expense, entrusting the construction of the new building to architect Ottaviano Mascarino. Sixtus V died at the Quirinale Palace and his restoration project was completed by his successors. Between 1721 and 1730 Alessandro Specchi and subsequently Ferdinando Fuga built the papal Stables facing the Piazza, at the top of Via della Dataria. via dei Giardini corrispondeva al Clivus Salutis; seguiva poi all’ultima quota la Porta Quirinalis, mentre l’omonima porta della cinta più antica, detta anche Porta Agonensis , fu sostituita dalla Porta Collina, spostata più a Est. Interno, anticamera detta di Bussolanti 7 of 20 Palazzo del Quirinale. In the 15th Century and through to the early 16th Century, palazzos and villas of nobles and high-ranking prelates were erected around the Piazza and along the ancient Via Alta Semita (now Via del Quirinale). 331 368 20 60 La Dataria aveva sede presso un palazzo (detto appunto Palazzo della Dataria) ubicato sulla salita che porta dalla zona della Fontana di Trevi fino al Palazzo del Quirinale in Roma: tale salita si chiama ancora oggi Via della Dataria. Quirinale Palace (Palazzo del Quirinale): Incredible Palace - See 1,191 traveler reviews, 1,310 candid photos, and great deals for Rome, Italy, at Tripadvisor. Urban VIII, born Maffeo Barberini (1623-44), had a wall built around the perimeter of the gardens, commissioned the enlargement of the quarters of the Swiss Guards (which made up the first block of the Long Wing – Manica Lunga – which stretches along Via del Quirinale) and lastly assured the security of the Palace by ordering the construction of a short tower on the façade. In the Middle Ages, the Hill became crowded with churches, aristocratic palaces and towers while the ancient buildings fell into ruin and their marbles were reused in new constructions. Palazzo del Quirinale. Salendo l'ampia gradinata che da Via della Dataria porta alla Piazza del Quirinale, è forte la sensazione di giungere ad una vera e propria terrazza sulla città. 334 817 38 12. Piazza del Quirinale | ingresso per i visitatori: da Porta Quirinale, Via del Quirinale, all'altezza di Via della Consulta,, 00187 Rome, Italy+39 06 46991 The Quirinal Palace (known in Italian as the Palazzo del Quirinale or simply Quirinale) is a historic building in Rome, Italy, the current official residence of the President of the Italian Republic. Quadrilocale di 120 m², Quadrilocale in affitto in via della Dataria, Piazza del Popolo - Piazza Navona - Quirinale, Roma, quartiere Piazza del Popolo - Piazza Navona - Quirinale In addition to upgrading the Palace from a defensive viewpoint, Urban VIII also re-arranged the gardens, extending and embellishing them with new fountains. Il palazzo delle Scuderie al Quirinale fu costruito tra il 1722 e il 1732 , su terreno già dei Colonna appartenente alla villa al Quirinale annessa al loro Palazzo , e si trova di fronte alla residenza presidenziale, affacciato su piazza del Quirinale. The frieze was made under the direction of Pietro da Cortona by a group of painters that included Carlo Maratta and Pier Francesco Mola, and that can now been seen in the three halls (Yellow, Augustus and Ambassadors) into which Alexander VII’s gallery was split in  1812. Sul collis Salutaris sorgevano il Capitolium vetus, e presso la porta Salutaris, forse in corrispondenza dell’attuale palazzo del Quirinale, il tempio della Salus, costruito tra il 306 e il 303 Il palazzo delle Scuderie al Quirinale fu costruito tra il 1722 e il 1732 , su terreno già dei Colonna appartenente alla villa al Quirinale annessa al loro Palazzo , e si trova di fronte alla residenza presidenziale, affacciato su piazza del Quirinale. It was later enclosed within the Servian walls that were built around the city in the 4th Century B.C. Â. However, the small villa designed by Mascarino was not sufficiently large to accommodate the papal court and its official activities and therefore Sixtus V commissioned architect Domenico Fontana to expand the building with a long wing facing the Piazza and a second building along Via del Quirinale, thus creating a large inner courtyard. 351 535 2740. FABIO CALVAGNA (Servizio Intendenza) tel. La Dataria apostolica venne soppressa il 15 agosto 1967 da Paolo VI con la costituzione apostolica Regimini Ecclesiae universae. STEFANO CAMMISA (Porta Dataria) tel. - Una delle alture costituenti topograficamente il complesso dell'Urbe, e storicamente, insieme col suo contrafforte, il Campidoglio, poi disgiunto dal taglio traianeo, una delle più importanti nella genesi e nello sviluppo di essa. During this period, an ambitious project to rearrange the Piazza was designed although it was never implemented. The sculptures, probably from the so-called Temple of Serapis, were relocated on the Qurinal Hill in the Baths of Constantine, during the reconstruction work that followed the earthquake of 443 A.D.  Interest for the two sculptural groups was rekindled in the 15th Century, when Pope Paul II ordered the first partial restoration of the two statues between 1469 and 1470. Interno, anticamera detta di Bussolanti 7 of 96 Palazzo del Quirinale. The 17th Century also witnessed one of the most ambitious projects to decorate the interior of the Palace, when in 1656 the Chigi Pope, Alexander VII (1655-67), commissioned a frescoed frieze with scenes from the Old and New Testament to be made along the gallery that ran along the lengthy wing facing the Piazza. These comprised the villa of Cardinal Oliviero Carafa, which included the vineyard on which the Quirinale Palace now stands. Prima della riforma della Dataria del 1908, per lunghi periodi il titolo di datario non fu in uso e la Dataria rimase presieduta da un pro-datario. MASSIMO MALERBA (Settore Guardaportoni) tel. 334 823 76 46. The present-day architectural design of the Palace was completed during the pontificate of the Borghese Pope, Paul V (1605-21). Il Palazzo del Quirinale sorge in un luogo che, per la posizione elevata e la particolare salubrità, ospitò fin dall’antichità nuclei residenziali, edifici pubblici e di culto. La denominazione della porta deriva dal vicino tempio della Salute, che dava il nome anche ad una delle alture del Quirinale su cui sorgeva, il collis Salutaris. The Hill’s main road network consisted of a hilltop road called Alta Semita (the modern-day Via del Quirinale - via XX Settembre) that connected Porta Salutaris to Porta Collina and ran in an easterly direction towards the Sabine territory. Dopo la breccia di porta Pia, il re Vittorio Emanuele II si insediò a Roma. Mascarino’s project included the so-called “turret,” the panoramic viewpoint that crowns the building. IL QUIRINALE 219 214_280 Vol Il Quirinale 122016.indd 219 22/12/16 18:37 Sixtus V also refurbished the Piazza by restoring the sculptural group of the Dioscuri and enriching it with a fountain. Piazza e Via Quirinale (già Strada Pia) (R. II - Trevi / R.II - Monti) (da Piazza del Quirinale – dove convergono: La salita di Montecavallo, via della Dataria, via XXIV Maggio e la via del Qurinale, che va fino a via Quattro Fontane). porte delle Mura Serviane erano le vie di accesso alle Mura Serviane,la cui edificazione risale al del VI secolo a.C. furono iniziate da Tarquinio Prisco e completate poi da Servio Tullio da cui derivano il nome, erano lunghe 7 chilometri, questa fortificazione, come ci tramandano le fonti storiche, erano composte da un aggere, che era un terrapieno, da un fossato e da un muro. On the Quirinal Hill, in the 4th Century B.C., stood the temples dedicated to the God Quirinus, who lent his name to the hill, and to the goddess of Health, where propitiatory rites were celebrated to assure the well-being of the State. The most i… Dopo un congruo intervallo dalla caduta del potere temporale dei papi, le funzioni ormai in gran parte superflue della Dataria furono notevolmente ridotte da Pio X il 29 giugno 1908 con la costituzione apostolica Sapienti consilio. In 1809 Napoleonic troops occupied Rome and captured Pope Pius VII (1800-1823), deporting him to France. The length of this tongue from the porta Collina in the Servian wall to the collis Latiaris (see below) is a little more than two kilometres. The furniture, paintings, tapestries and the miscellaneous furnishings from the royal palaces around Italy constitute the largest part of the decorations now in the Palace while the only things left from the papal period are the large collection of oriental vases, the console tables from between the end of the 17th and beginning of the 18th Century, several paintings (the Child Saint John the Baptist previously attributed to Giulio Romano, Chastity Flogging Cupid by Francesco  Mancini, the two paintings from the school of Pietro da Cortona hanging in the Balcony Room and a few more) and tapestries (the four Gobelins hangings with the Stories of the New Testament which Napoleon gave to Pius VII in 1805). The Quirinal is one of the Roman Hills and consists of a hilly massif divided from the Pincio, in the north, by the Valle Sallustiana and, in the south, from the Viminale, by the Valle di Quirino, later known as S. Vitale. Finally, the sculptural group was placed in its present position next to the obelisk that was taken from the Mausoleum of Augustus by Pius VI in 1786 while in 1818 Pius VII had the original fountain replaced with a granite basin from the Roman Forum. For example, a restoration laboratory has been recently opened to repair tapestries and recover the original travertine colour of the ancient stuccoed walls of the Courtyard of Honour and of the principal façade of the Palace.Â. 2 Dius Fidius edificato sotto il regno di Tarquinio il Superbo (534-509 a.C.) e successivamente inaugurato nel 466 a.C. nell’area dell’attuale chiesa di San Silvestro al Quirinale. Il nome deriva dall'apposizione della data sui documenti (come avviene civilmente nell'Ufficio del Bollo). Pope Paul V wanted these halls to be adequately decorated and therefore commissioned a team of painters and stucco artists who, in some cases, achieved works of great artistic value, such as the frescoes of the Royal Hall or the stuccos on the vaulted ceiling of the Pauline Chapel. Tali autorizzazioni erano dette, dal documento che le attestava, "brevi", da cui il nostro "brevetto". Le funzioni della Dataria dei Brevi erano sostanzialmente quelle di una moderna Agenzia delle Entrate: era quella, infatti, la cassa a cui affluivano tutti i proventi delle autorizzazioni e concessioni rilasciate dallo Stato pontificio (come ad esempio quelli derivanti dalla vendita dei pubblici uffici o le imposte sul lotto). porta Quirinalis ); il collis Salutaris tra questa e via della Dataria (corrispondente alla porta Salutaris ); il collis Mucialis tra questa e Largo Magnanapoli … Al sottodatario era riservata anche la carica di Segretario della Congregazione Lauretana:[5], Per queste ultime attività si veda ad esempio in, Scheda sui palazzi di via della Dataria su, Congregazione per la disciplina dei sacramenti, https://it.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dataria_apostolica&oldid=116050808, licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione-Condividi allo stesso modo, il Sostituto Amministratore Generale delle, il primo e il secondo Revisore delle Suppliche Beneficiali, l'Officiale per la collazione de' transunti delle Bolle e dei Brevi, il Notaro dei Processi pei Promovendi alle Chiese Cattedrali, Monsignore Francesco Maria Spannocchi (1731 - 1740), Monsignore Saverio Giustiniani (1741 - 1754), Monsignore Francesco Maria Luzi (1779 - 1808), Monsignore Attone Benigni (1818 - 29 dicembre, Mosnignore Francesco Spolverini (30 giugno. The hill’s north-western and southern slopes were originally steep with impervious accesses and different altitudes, now difficult to perceive in the modern urban layout, which were deeply modified especially with the construction of the papal palaces. La Dataria finanziava direttamente, d'altra parte, anche una parte della pubblica assistenza[1]. Secondo la sorridente Alessandra Ghisleri, lo dicevamo all’inizio, gli italiani si comportano come topi nel labirinto o come i prigionieri di un campo di concentramento, perché ormai non buttano niente e tendono ad aggregarsi a quel che c’è, persino al governo dell’avvocato d’affari miracolato sulla via della Dataria che porta … La Dataria apostolica (originariamente denominata "Dataria de' Brevi", e successivamente "Dataria de' Brevi e de' Lotti") era un importante ufficio della Curia romana creato nel XIV secolo con competenze in materia di benefici ecclesiastici e di grazie; era presieduto da un datario, che non era necessariamente un cardinale, anche se per consuetudine, l'incarico era quasi sempre ricoperto da un porporato. In this part of the Palace, Maderno placed several important halls like the Royal Hall (Sala Regia, now the Great Hall of the Cuirassiers), the Pauline Chapel and the papal apartments. Si lasciano indietro gli angusti vicoli intorno alla fontana di Trevi e all'improvviso si apre un panorama arioso sul quale fanno spicco le sagome di importanti edifici. Palazzo Pontificio sul Quirinale (Vasi at work in the Grand View of Rome) Links to this page can be found in Book 4, Map B2, Day 3, View B7, Rione Monti and Rione Trevi. Â. (Agonius, Quirinalis collis o semplicemente Collis). This particular neo-Rococo style is well represented by the 18th Century furniture that was brought to the Quirinale Palace from all the royal palaces of Italy at the end of the 19th Century. In 1550 Villa Carafa was rented by Cardinal Ippolito d'Este, who also owned Villa d'Este in Tivoli and who transformed the vineyard into an extremely sophisticated garden decorated with fountains, water tricks and ancient sculptures. Ferdinando Fuga also designed the Coffee House (1741), located in the Palace gardens, and the Palazzo della Consulta on the Piazza, which was destined to host a number of offices and the quarters of the Swiss Guards. The collis Quirinalis acquired a great strategic importance and was soundly fortified ever since antiquity. A partire dall'XI secolo si consolidò all'interno della Curia Romana un ufficio di funzionari dediti al disbrigo della corrispondenza e alla redazione e conservazione degli atti ufficiali: tale ufficio venne chiamato Cancelleria Apostolica. After the death of Pope Gregory XIII, his successor Sixtus V (1585-90) purchased Villa Monte Cavallo from the Carafa family in 1587, turning it into the summer seat of his pontificate. Porta Salutaris delle antiche Mura Serviane,era nella zona del Quirinale, Rione Monti e Rione Trevi, Roma, era forse nei pressi della via Dataria, sulla base della …